The Strategic Plan for St. John Vianney High School, while focusing on the next five years, also establishes a vision that will extend well into the future. The objectives and strategies developed in the strategic plan are designed to achieve this vision.
1. St. John Vianney High School provides a distinctively Catholic educational environment in the Marianist tradition rooted in Gospel values, challenging students to respond to the call to spirituality, scholarship, leadership and service.
2. Reflecting the Marianist charism, leadership for St. John Vianney High School is faith-based, enthusiastic and collaborative.
3. Graduates are able to identify, live and model the five Marianist characteristics.
4. The community is inclusive, welcoming families of all socio-economic groups, races, religions and ethnicities.
5. St. John Vianney High School is recognized and respected throughout the St. Louis community as a college preparatory school for young men.
6. St. John Vianney High School has high expectations and standards for its students and offers quality programs (curricular, athletic and co-curricular), which integrate spiritual, moral, intellectual, physical and social development.
7. Technology is current, integrated and effectively utilized to support administrative, teaching and student learning processes.
8. St. John Vianney High School maintains an optimal enrollment that supports the educational mission, vision and program.
9. St. John Vianney High School attracts and retains the best faculty and staff and, to that end, is competitive in compensation and comprehensive in professional development opportunities.
10. Students are challenged by a rigorous program of study that develops excellent analytical skills, decision-making abilities and communication skills. Evidence of this rigor is found in its students' standardized test scores, college acceptance levels and college scholarship awards.
11. The campus is safe, attractive and welcoming, with a master plan to provide facilities needed for a quality educational program.
12. Effective strategic and financial planning and a comprehensive institutional advancement program ensure future viability and access for students from diverse economic background.
Our Strategic Plan covers nine content areas, including:
Each of these content areas includes a detailed list of goals, as well as strategies for achieving those goals. We have a process for ongoing review of our progress against these goals.