Several generous St. John Vianney High School families have established memorial scholarships.
- If you were interested in applying to receive a scholarship, please go here.
- To learn more, or to contribute to a scholarship fund, please keep reading!
The current Vianney memorial scholarships include the following:
- Brian Gruender Scholarship - The Gruender family established this scholarship in 2007 in honor of Brian Gruender (class of 2008) to recognize students who show financial need and exhibit the qualities of involvement, school spirit and character.
- Daniel L. Ringwald Scholarship - The Ringwald family established this scholarship in 2005 to honor Daniel Ringwald (class of 1987) to recognize students who show financial need. This scholarship is endowed in part by donations.
- Tom Cella Scholarship - Established in 2005 Cella family and Dan McLaughlin (class of 1992) in honor of Tom Cella (class of 1992), this scholarship recognizes students who show financial need, are involved in athletics and strive for excellence in the classroom. This scholarship is endowed in part by donations and supplemented annually through the Tom Cella Trivia Night hosted by Dan McLaughlin.
- Lt. Daniel P. Riordan Scholarship - Established in 2007 by the Riordan family in honor of 1st Lt. Daniel P. Riordan (class of 2001), this scholarship recognizes students who show financial need and exhibit the qualities of faith, honor and service. This scholarship is endowed in part by donations and supplemented annually through the Dan Riordan Trivia Night.
Establish a Vianney Scholarship
Individuals, businesses and corporations who wish to donate to St. John Vianney High School's Scholarship Fund may do so in one of three ways:
- General Scholarship - Vianney welcomes donations of any amount to be added to the General Scholarship Fund that is available to students based on financial need.
- Annual Named Scholarship - these scholarships can be established in honor or in memory of a specific person. An Annual Named Scholarship requires a minimum donation of $10,000. The donor has the option of setting criteria to determine how the scholarship will be awarded.
- Endowed Scholarship - this scholarship requires that the fund balance reach endowed status of $200,000 within five years. The full amount of an endowed scholarship's interest is reinvested until the fund reaches endowed status.
For information on creating a scholarship at Vianney, please contact Mr. Pete Cerone by e-mail or at 314.965.4853, ext. 118.