Tuition & Assistance
Tuition for the 2013-2014 school year is $12,250. Tuition for the 2014-2015 school year will be announced in February, 2014.
The tuition amount covers everything except for textbooks, the cost of which varies based on your son's classes.
Vianney offers families a variety of ways to pay their son's tuition, including one-time payments in July, quarterly or monthly installments.
If you have questions, please contact Mrs. Janet Cochran in the Vianney business office by e-mail or by phone at 314.965.4853, ext. 153.
Each year, Vianney provides approximately $500,000 in grants and scholarships to students. We are happy to work with families who desire a quality, Catholic education for their sons but whose income may not be adequate to cover full tuition.
Here are the basics about tuition assistance at Vianney:
- Applications for tuition assistance must be received by March 1 for the coming school year.
- Those interested in applying for tuition assistance will use the FACTS application, which is an external, objective process that helps Vianney determine the appropriate amount of assistance, if any.
- Families with more than one son attending St. John Vianney High School may receive a $2,000 tuition reduction on the second son's tuition by completing the FACTS application and the Multiple Son Assistance application.
- You may use tax returns from the most recently completed tax year, or the year before that, when completing the FACTS application. You must provide current W-2 forms, however.
- Regardless of the marital status of student's parents, Vianney believes both of the boy's natural parents share the responsibility for educating their son. For this reason, both must complete the FACTS application in order to receive tuition assistance.
- A number of need-based scholarships are available. These scholarships are described below. To apply, families must complete the Need-Based Scholarship Application by March 1.
- Vianney makes the final determination on any tuition assistance award.
If you have questions, please contact Mrs. Janet Cochran in the Vianney business office by email or by phone at 314.965.4853, ext. 153.
Low-interest rate Sallie Mae K-12 Family Education Loans are also available for Vianney families.