St. John Vianney High School is dedicated to forming young men for spiritual, academic and personal excellence in the Catholic, Marianist tradition.
- Vianney was named a National School of Excellence by the Cardinal Newman Society for its academics, civic education and its educational focus on Catholic identity.
- We have a student/teacher ratio of 13-to-1.
- Tuition for the 2017 - 2018 school year is $14,300. This includes everything except textbooks.
- About 30 percent of students receive some form of tuition assistance.
- Christian service is integral to the Vianney experience. Service opportunities abound, and all students log at least 100 service hours during their time with us.
- Vianney is conveniently located in Kirkwood at the intersection of Highway 44 and Lindbergh Boulevard.
- Recent expansion provides additional classrooms, a media center, field house, student commons, bookstore, turfed stadium, STEM labs, a new turfed baseball/athletic complex and more.
- Vianney is sponsored by the Society of Mary, an international religious order of priests and brothers known as Marianists.
- Vianney uses a two-semester, college-style schedule with four, 85-minute classes per day. A daily 30-minute "Encore" period allows students to work ahead, attend co-curricular meetings or seek assistance from teachers or counselors.
- Students take four courses per semester and graduate with 32 credits, among the highest in the Midwest.
- About half of Vianney juniors and seniors earn college credits offered through Saint Louis University and the University of Missouri - St. Louis.
- About 95 percent of Vianney graduates complete four or more math courses and three or more science courses.
- Vianney has a wireless campus and a "teacher-deployed technology plan," which emphasizes use of technology as a tool in educating the entire person. Laptops are readily available, with one computer for every two students.
- About 99 percent of Vianney seniors go on to college, with about half of them receiving scholarship offers.
- In the Class of 2017, more than two-thirds of the seniors received college scholarship offers.
Co-curriculars and Athletics
- Vianney's Football team won the Class 5 State Championship in 2016, marking the first ever football championship the school had won.
- Vianney's Baseball team in 2017 advanced to the Final Four in Class 5, finishing third overall in the state.
- Vianney's Volleyball team advanced to the Missouri State Final Four in 2017.
- Vianney students participate in the art club, chess team, campus ministry, pep band, language honor societies, math club, mock trial team, newspaper staff, photo club, student council and bocce club, among many others.
- Students are encouraged to initiate new clubs with the assistance of a faculty adviser.
- Griffin Theatre offers three full-scale productions each year.
- Vianney sports include cross country, football, soccer, swimming, basketball, bowling, ice hockey, roller hockey, racquetball, wrestling, baseball, golf, lacrosse, tennis, track and field, Ultimate frisbee and volleyball.
- Our volleyball team has earned 17 state championships, with the most recent title in 2013.
- Vianney has been recognized by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch as having one of the top athletic programs in the metro area.