During the school year, there is a Help Wanted board in the 200 hallway that shows local area businesses that are seeking part-time help.
College & Career Prep Summer Opportunities 2020
Missouri University of Science and Technology
Summer Camps for July and August
Saint Louis University
Saint Louis Community College
This summer they are offering Take One on Us. To qualify, students must be one of the following:
New (first-time in college or transfer) and degree-seeking student
Apply and register for at least one summer 2020 class and you will receive a scholarship for your first three-hour class at the in-district rate.
Returning/continuing and degree-seeking students
When you sign up for nine credit hours during the summer 2020 term, STLCC will give you a scholarship for one, three-hour class at the in-district rate.
And to answer your questions regarding summer classes being online, yes, the college has decided to move all summer classes online due to COVID-19. The Interactive Class Schedule should be completely updated with this information by May 1st.
A+ Helpful Tip:
- Don’t forget graduating seniors can use their A+ the first summer out of high school before starting elsewhere in the fall. To take advantage of this, students will need to complete the following steps:
- Apply as a Visiting Student
- Complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA
- Complete the A+ contract
- Submit an official high school transcript with the A+ seal.
- Enroll in at least 6 credit hours
- If students plan to start with STLCC in the summer and continue with us in the fall, they will need to complete the First Time in College application and follow all necessary steps that they otherwise would need to complete.
University of Missouri - St. Louis
We are pleased to present the “Spending the Summer Write” Essay Workshop Series. During the summer, we will host three virtual workshops to cover three different Common Application essay prompts via Zoom. As with all of our services, these workshops will be free for rising seniors (current juniors). If you have any interested students, they can email email@example.com to sign up for the essay workshops! Spend-the-Summer-Write-Essay-Workshops-png.pdf
Commit to Success 2020 2020-UMSL-College-Prep-Talks.pdf
Bridge to the ACT for Rising Seniors Bridge-to-the-ACT-UMSL.pdf
University of Missouri - Columbia
School of Journalism Virtual Workshop - June 22- 25th Information & Registration
Free virtual week-long summer camps ages 5-18 View Camps