Establish a Vianney Scholarship
Do you have someone you would like to honor? Perhaps someone in your family or a Vianney faculty member who has had an impact on who you are today. Endowed scholarships give donors a chance to honor someone and help a young man at Vianney while establishing a fund that grows over time. A minimum gift of $25,000 establishes a scholarship and this gift can be payable over a period of several years. The scholarship will be awarded when the value reaches or surpasses the minimum requirement for one full fiscal year.
There are three ways individuals, businesses and corporations can donate to St. John Vianney High School's Scholarship Fund. They are:
- General Scholarship - Vianney welcomes donations of any amount to the General Scholarship Fund. The General Scholarship fund is the most flexible of our scholarship funds and is designed to assist students based on financial need.
- Annual Named Scholarship - These scholarships can be established in honor or in memory of a specific person. An Annual Named Scholarship requires a minimum donation of $25,000. The donor has the option of setting criteria to determine how the scholarship will be awarded.
- Endowed Scholarship - This scholarship requires that the fund balance reach endowed status of $265,000. The full amount of an endowed scholarship's interest is reinvested until the fund reaches endowed status. The donor has the option of setting criteria to determine how the scholarship will be awarded.
For information on creating a scholarship at Vianney, please contact Mr. Pete Cerone by e-mail or at (314) 965-4853 ext. 118.
Our Current Scholarships
St. John Vianney High School currently has twelve named scholarships that honor individuals or organizations and financially assist young men who attend Vianney. These named scholarships give donors an opportunity to invest in St. John Vianney High School and the future of a qualified student.
- If you are interested in contributing to a scholarship, visit our "Donate Now" page.
- If you are interested in applying to receive a scholarship, please go here.
- If you are interested in establishing a scholarship, please contact Pete Cerone at 314-965-4853 ext. 118 or email@example.com.
The current Vianney scholarships include the following:
- Robert Wm. Bosslet Jr. Memorial Scholarship: Established by his family in 2011, the Robert Bosslet Scholarship is a $1,000 annual, renewable scholarship awarded to a student who has earned and maintains at least a 3.0 grade point average. This scholarship is supported by annual donations by family and friends.
- Tom Cella Memorial Scholarship: Established in 2005 by the Cella family and Dan McLaughlin '92 in honor of Tom Cella '92, this $2,500 scholarship is awarded to a sophomore who has at least a 2.5 grade point average and is involved in at least one school activity. The scholarship is renewable for the junior and senior years. This scholarship is supported by annual donations by family and friends.
- Rev. August Frische Memorial Scholarship - Father Frische was the first president of Chaminade College Preparatory in St. Louis . He passed away in 1947, having lived his last years on the Chaminade campus. This scholarship is made possible by the Society of Mary. This scholarship provides financial assistance to relatives of professed Marianists who attend St. John Vianney High School. Scholarship recipients must demonstrate a financial need.
- Kathleen A. Gau Memorial Scholarship: This is an annual, renewable scholarship of $2,647.48 available to an incoming freshman. To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must be of good moral character and must have and maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average.
- Jack Glaser Memorial Scholarship: This is a variable, non-renewable scholarship awarded to a current Vianney student. It honors a former Vianney teacher and administrator who died in 2004. This scholarship is supported in part by donations and supplemented annually through annual donations by family and friends.
- Brian Gruender Scholarship: The Gruender family established this scholarship in 2007 in honor of Brian Gruender '08. Up to three non-renewable $1,000 scholarships will be awarded each year to sophomores, juniors or seniors. To be eligible, a student must have at least a 2.0 grade point average, have good conduct and be involved in at least one school activity. This scholarship is supported by donations made by family and friends.
- McBride Alumni Scholarship: This is a non-renewable $1500 scholarship granted to a relative of a McBride High School alumnus.
- Clayton Pfeiffer Memorial Scholarship: Established in 2012 by his family in honor of Clayton Pfeiffer, this $1,000 scholarship is awarded to a junior who has at least a 2.5 grade point average and is involved in at least one school activity. The applicant must complete the scholarship essay and obtain one letter of recommendation from a teacher, staff member or coach at St. John Vianney High School. This scholarship is supported by donations and supplemented through the Clayton Pfeiffer Golf Tournament.
- Daniel L. Ringwald Scholarship: The Ringwald family established this scholarship in 2005 to honor Daniel Ringwald '87. As many as four $1,500 renewable scholarships may be awarded each year to students who demonstrate academic progress.
- Lt. Daniel P. Riordan Scholarship: Established in 2007 by the Riordan family in honor of 1st Lt. Daniel P. Riordan '01, this $3,000 scholarship is for an incoming freshman and may be renewed each year. It recognizes students who exhibit the qualities of faith, honor and service. A separate application and an interview are required. This scholarship is supported in part by donations and supplemented annually through the Lt. Dan Riordan Trivia Night and Golf Tournament.
- Patrick & Peggy Sly Scholarship: These are as many as 13 renewable scholarships awarded to students who demonstrate a financial need, are of good moral character, and have a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average. The scholarship recipient must be enrolled at Vianney. Once awarded, it may be maintained the following years as requirements are met.
- Tom Valenti Memorial Scholarship: Established in 2009 by his family and friends in honor of Tom Valenti ‘79, this $750 scholarship is awarded to a sophomore, junior or senior who is of good character, has at least a 2.5 grade point average and is involved in at least one school activity. The applicant must complete the scholarship essay and obtain one letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach or administrator at St. John Vianney High School. This scholarship is renewable if the recipient is a sophomore or junior.
- Vianney Alumni Association: This is a $1,000 renewable scholarship awarded to the son, step-son or grandson of a Vianney alumnus. This scholarship is supplemented annually through the Alumni Association Golf Tournament and Trivia Night.